The Salina Muni Pledge
The Salina Muni Pledge
9 Holes of Golf Etiquette and Sportsmanship
For better golf at Salina Muni
- I pledge to use good JUDGMENT and always leave the course and facility is as good or better shape than I found it. This includes picking up my trash and placing it in proper receptacles.
- I pledge to demonstrate RESPONSIBILITY and always fix a ball mark on the green – even if it isn’t mine. I will do this every time I walk onto a green. The extra few seconds it will take for me to bend over and fix a ball mark will pay dividends in nicer conditions on the putting surface.
- I pledge to RESPECT the golf course and park my golf cart on the cart path around tees and greens. Parking on the cart path will help keep the grass thriving so that my fellow golfers will have nice turf to play from in high traffic areas.
- I pledge to demonstrate HONESTY by following golf cart rules when carts must remain on the cart path due to wet conditions.
- I pledge to always rake the bunker after I play from the sand. Smoothing my footprints only takes a few moments and demonstrates COURTESY to my fellow players.
- I pledge to always make sure not to hit until the group in front of me has cleared the playing area. This will demonstrate SAFETY and keep my fellow golfers healthy and happy.
- I pledge to practice UNDERSTANDING when playing at Salina Muni by treating fellow golfers in a kind manner. Salina Muni is open to the general public and golfers of all ages and abilities will be playing.
- I pledge to maintain a brisk pace of play by keeping up with the group in front of me. If I should fall behind and leave an open hole ahead of me, I will demonstrate SPORTSMANSHIP and allow the faster groups behind me to pass.
- I pledge to demonstrate INTEGRITY by my actions around the Pro Shop and other players on the course. Golf is a game of etiquette and composure. I will be responsible for my actions and conduct on the golf course, even when others may not be looking.
Take the Pledge today!
Welcome to Salina Municipal Golf Course
"I can't believe that this is a municipal golf course," is a comment heard frequently around the pro shop at the Salina Municipal Golf Course. The first 24-hole golf facility in the state of Kansas features an 18-hole regulation golf course and a unique 6-hole short course. A spacious driving range, putting green, and state of the art short game area enhance the courses. With green fees consistently ranking among the lowest in the state, and turf manicured to country club quality, golfers can expect a very enjoyable day.
"The Muni," as it's called by many, is home to many group outings, leagues, tournaments and other special events. A multipurpose room is available for meetings and functions after play. Tee times are taken seven days a week on the 18-hole course. Playing time typically averages around 4 hours for 18-hole play during the season. For more information on a great day of golf, call (785) 826-7450.